Hexagon Wow! Tutorial

Happy Tuesday everyone!
Amy here to share with you a fun tutorial using lots of Wow products.

Here's the finished product:
Isn't my nephew adorable?
He didn't want to smile for the camera, but I had to record my husband and I with him on his first birthday.

Let's gather up some supplies, you will need:
2 sheets of dark brown cardstock (your base and borders)
6x12 piece of kraft cardstock (goes right in the middle of the base)
2 sheets of 12x12 white cardstock to punch large hexagons from
8 sheets of 8 1/2 x 11 cardstock to stamp and emboss on
4 colors of Wow embossing powder (I used Sour Lemon, Opaque Pastel Blue, Cotton Candy, and Gummy Bear Green....don't ya want to run to the candy store now?)
1 Brocade Stamp
1 Border Punch
Creative Memories Hexagon Punch or use a electronic cutter to cut hexagons
Pop Dots

First Step:
Emboss your brocade stamp with all four colors of powder:

Step Two:
Punch out a bunch of large hexagons:

Next, take your embossed brocade image and punch out smaller hexagons from the stamped image:


Step Four:
Begin layout out your large white hexagons on the cardstock and adhere them down:


Step Six:
Add the kraft paper to the center of the layout and layer your smaller hexagons on top of your larger ones using pop dots to adhere.

Step Seven:
Repeat on the bottom of the layout.


Step Eight:
Add photos and a title (notice I changed my title for my final product) and add journaling.


Here are some up close peeks:



I've seen hexagons on tons of layouts lately and have been dying to try it myself.
I hope I've inspired you to grab your heat gun, embossing powders and create something fun!
Wishing you a wonderful April!
xo amy

Comments

  1. Beautiful, thank you for a great tutorial!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the hexagons! I have that punch and can't wait to give this one a try.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is such a fun layout...love all the texture!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment