5 cards in 5 days with WOW | Emboss resist technique with distress ink

Hello again!

It is Ola here and I am back with card number two in my series of  
''5 cards in 5 days with WOW'' floral cards.
In today's video tutorial I will show you the emboss resist technique with distress ink. This is very popular and well known technique by many papercrafters, but if you newbie and want to learn something new lets get started.




To make this card you will need:
Card blank
White card stock
Background stamp
Clear , white or any neutral colour embossing powder
Heat tool
Distress ink
Flower and leaf die
Ribbon

I have started my card by stamping my background stamp on white card stock piece. I am using WOW ''Secret Garden'' background stamp and Clear Matt Dull embossing powder. After I set heated my stamped image its look very blank and not so visible, but after using distress ink,  magic happens!
Embossed parts will resist distress ink and will remain clear or white depend on the colour of embossing powder you previously have used.

Now my background, to finished I am going to trim this piece slightly smaller than standard card and mount this piece using 3D foam pad.
I have used 10mm double sating ribbon across my card and glued die cut sentiment directly on my ribbon.


To finish my card I have die cut 3 flowers out of burgundy card stock and added to my card using foam pad. Adding die cut leaf and enamel dots in the centers of the flowers will finish my card for today.

To watch video tutorial please click on video link below:


I hope you liked it and get inspired.
Please come back tomorrow for more ideas on how you use WOW embossing powders!

Ola xx


Comments

  1. What a beautiful combination of the bright red with that gorgeous green Ola, and the resist techique is a great one to give a pretty finish to a card, and putting the die cut sentiment directly on to the ribbon works well too. x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Dear Pat . You are my biggest fan through WOW blog and I do appreciate your continues support. Warm Regards Ola

      Delete

Post a Comment